Oil-free, Sugar-free, Dairy-free, No eggs, No preservatives, and No-knead
Bread is human-made food. A food made from basic 3 ingredients flour, water, and yeast, mixed and baked. A loaf of bread, white/brown bread. White bread is softer than whole bread. It differs in texture, taste, and flavour. Let me briefly explain the major difference between both the bread.
Due to the increasing number of chronic diseases and unhealthy foods, most of them switch over to a healthy diet and lifestyle change. White bread is made with the only enriched flour or endosperm of the bread and is highly processed losing its nutrition. Brown bread/ whole wheat bread which includes all parts of the grain. “Less processing’.
If you have never tried baking bread because you do not have an oven? Do not worry; I will also explain how to do without Oven.
- Follow steps 1-12 (from the Recipe below).
- Place a wire stand inside the pan.
- Cover the pan with the lid.
- Heat the pan in medium flame for 10mins.
- After 10 mins place the mould inside the preheated pan.
- Cook for 40mins on low flame.
- After 40 mins.
- Brush butter on the top
- Cover with a wet cloth and let it cool.
- The Bran- Husk of the grain and is high in fibre and vitamins and minerals, magnesium, iron, zinc, and phosphorous
- The Core- Endosperm which is 80% of the grain and rich in proteins and carbohydrates
- Germs- Plays a vital role in the grain, containing a good amount of vitamins, minerals, fat, and protein.
Of late, many consumers are making the switch from white bread to brown bread/whole wheat bread at their breakfast table.
Even doctors are suffering from chronic diseases due to lifestyle change and unhealthy foods. We get treatment from people who are sick themselves. It’s ironic.
NOTE: To check whether the bread is properly baked, take a tooth-pick or a small stick and poke in the middle of the bread deeper and check if the tooth-pick has any unbaked dough, cook for another 10 more minutes. If you find a dry stick, then you are done with baking.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour(gluten-free)
- 1-½ tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan rock salt
- 2 cup of water
- In a bowl add 3cups of organic gluten-free wheat flour.
- Add 1-½ tsp instant yeast, 1tsp Pink Himalayan Salt to the flour, and mix it.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Mix the dough with a spatula.
- Scrap the sides properly and mix properly
- The dough is slightly sticky so avoid using hands.
- Allow the dough to rest for 2-3 hours or until it doubles
- Cover it with a cloth and keep it aside
- Once the dough has risen double mix again the dough with the help of the spatula as the dough.
- Take a bread loaf tin and grease it with ghee or cold-pressed ground oil
- Pour the dough into the pan and spread it evenly with help of the spatula.
- Sprinkle some nuts or seeds of your choice like melon seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, and rolled oats.
- Again leave the dough to proof for another 1 hour or until it doubles.
- Cover it and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180C and bake it for 60mins or until done.
Make a change in your lifestyle for a better tomorrow.
Subscribe to my newsletter to get all my updated right way to your email inbox.